Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 5 & Things I've Learned

As I enter day 5 of having this wonderful virus I starting to wonder when this little visitor of mine will decide to leave me. I've spent a lot of time laying either in bed or on the couch. This is not a norm for me therefore I felt my mind wandering to a zillion other things. Maybe I was trying the mind over matter method of healing. At this point I think the matter is winning. I have not been out of the house since Wednesday night and quite frankly I don't think I'm ready to head out anywhere as of yet.
This laying around has given me a lot of time to discover things and to think a lot.
Things I've discovered :
  • I do not like the tile on my bathroom floor.
  • My shower curtain does not match my bathroom
  • The screw that is missing on the cabinet door handle has been missing for nearly 5 years. I know I asked my husband to fix it.
  • My daughters cat loves hiding in the bathtub.
  • Sprite has become my savior. 7 up just didn't work as well.
  • A saltine cracker as small and dry as it may be can taste mighty good after 3 days of not eating.
  • A bagel is not made to be eaten dry.
  • When you have a stomach flu the thought of the last thing you ate will make you want to hurl all over again.
  • The smell of someone heating up that certain food will send you running.
  • The Urgent Care Nurses at the local hospital are all males.
  • An IV can make you feel a little better.
  • I think I'm going to need a refill on the anti-nausea medicine
  • A baked potato with no butter is tolerable. I must really be sick.
  • A sick person should not cook dinner for the rest of the family. What's wrong with that picture.
  • My husband has done a fairly good job of making sure I'm ok, but I don't think he could ever be a full time caregiver.
  • If there are 6 commercials on tv-at least 4 of them will be about food.
  • Of the 4 food commercials shown only 1 may be of a remotely healthy food.
  • Hunger will subside after 2 days. I'm wondering how long I can rely upon my stored up fat because I now have no urge to eat. (you don't have to answer this one, I already know it would be a long time)
  • My stomach flu hit full cramping force on my son's birthday. If it was labor pains they'd be over by now and I'd have something wonderful to show for it.
  • I'm almost out of bathroom cleaner.
  • The Golden Girls can be funny when you are bored.
  • Lifetime movies are all basically the same.
  • I wonder how much of the Judy Garland movie was true.
  • There sure are some goofy cartoons on now days.
  • My left over cat loves me.
  • I'm glad I had those coupons for the cushy toilet paper.

No comments: