Monday, May 05, 2008

The Party's Over

I know many of you can agree with me that coming back to work after a relaxing vacation sucks. I had a hard time sleeping last night and woke up every hour on the hour until I finally shut the alarm off at 430 and just got up. What's another 1/2 hour of crappy sleep. I was moving in slow motion so it took me just as long to do my morning routine.

Things went pretty smooth until I got out to the line and stood in total confusion. I had no clue what they were running and I'm pretty sure the 3 people I was working with were clueless also. I'm still not sure what the hell was going on. We ran for a few hours and then shut down for a major change in the equipment. (to boring to go into). All I know is the day dragged and it is extremely hot in our room. I can work in 70-72 degrees but 86 is going a little to far. I know my boss is looking into the problem , or should be before he finds a crew of melted people.

On another note I will be going to 3rd shift for one week starting next Sunday. As much as I hate the hours it's in my favor this time as our first camping trip is on the Friday that week. On first I would be working until 3 and rushing home to fight the traffic and get to the campground. Now I can just go home and catch a nap. I say now that it'll be okay but by the 2nd or 3rd day I know my mind will change. I've been told it's one week only.

Dylan's first season baseball game was tonight. I guess the 3 times per week practices have paid off. They played very well as a team and won 16-4. He started out on 1st base, then left field for one inning and finally to the catcher position for 3 innings. They let those kids drink so much water and Gatorade that there was a bee-line to the bathrooms as soon as the game ended.

I'm missing Arizona. Although it was warm today I was a little annoyed by the chilliness that set in around 7pm. Better a little chilly then hot and buggy.

No comments: