Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Now What?

Sunday's Superbowl turned out to be a great game, with great friends, and as usual yummy food. Not to mention the win by the Packers. I feel blessed that I have been able to see the Packers go to the Superbowl 5 times in my life time (counting the loss). Hate to admit that I was old enough to watch the first one. Couldn't tell you much else beside I watched it with my dad and brothers and remember my dad being very excited.

The entertainment after the game was equally as good as the game itself. There were some snow angels after the win that still have me shivering. Note to self:next year bring extra clothes. Somewhere along the line my brother and my husband became completely stinking drunk (for lack of any better word to describe their condition). I noticed my husband getting quite chattery, which he does when he drinks, and mentioned slowing it down a little. I got the "look" so I figured I wasn't the one who was going to suffer for this. They were entertaining to a point but then it was time to call it a night. My brother has secretly voiced his concern about blowing a candle out and splattering some wax. At the time I didn't think much of it but upon seeing it the next morning you would think the guy took a leaf blower to the candle. He's got some cleaning to do. There is green wax splattered up a wall and actually made it to the picture a few feet above it.
My husband sat in his chair all day yesterday-taking a few naps-and I don't think he got out of it until 7pm. Looks like this is going to be a slow recovery for him.

It was a great season that extended our normal football watching just a bit longer this year. I remember feeling some dread after the new year that football for me might have been over. Thank you Green Bay Packers for an exciting,winning season.

This hype will end soon and we'll enter the last few months of winter in Wisconsin. I'm on the fence about a trip to Arizona in May. I could use a sneak peak of summer and May is a great time to go. Other than that I need to find ways to make the last few months of this season go by faster. May be doing some much needed painting in the now vacant bedrooms in our house. Could be jinxing myself with that as it seems that each time we fix up those rooms someone moves in. It was suggested that we just seal up the rooms.

No comments: