Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Song

It's the little things in life that jog your memories of someone who has passed. I see little old men scrunched over their steering wheels and think of my Grandpa. Never without a cigar while driving. One of the most influential men in my life. He was the base of our family. Always stern when need be but spoiled us rotten when the parent's weren't looking. And Lord help the person that messed with one of his grandchildren. He had your back whether you were right or wrong. Grandpa accepted and loved you for who you were.

I hear certain songs and watch certain TV shows and think of my brother. Always the comedian no matter what the situation. Another accepting person who loved you for who you were. Taken to young and 2 1/2 years later I'm still waiting for his phone calls and still waiting for him to come pulling in our driveway. This was a tough one and will take some mending time.

And then there is Randy. Football jogs my memory. Camping does it also. Work does it. Certain songs do it. This morning I thought it was great that American Pie was on the radio. A tribute to a great friend. You will be forever in my heart. Thanks for all the great memories. I miss you still.

No comments: