Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ode to Dad

That's crap! (insert name here)
You talk like a man with a paper a**
Don't let the door knob hit you in the a**
I once knew a man...
If Little Susie jumps off a bridge are you going to jump also?
I don't give a rat's a**
I don't give a flying F**

Any of this sound familiar to anyone? Those are a few of the saying's my dad used to say to us as kids. I find that I use the bottom two quite often. I was reminded of that today by my husband. Apparently he doesn't realize what a great man my father is and that his children feel the need to carry on in his footsteps. Who else could have possibly raised 6 kids and managed to find some humor in any punishment he put upon us. I mean come on, after my older brother went on a drinking binge at the age of 16 or 17 he made him get up at 6am the next morning to help someone move. (poor guy spent half the night hanging over the utility tub puking his guts out). No need to ground him, just make his day miserable. If I did something my mom would pull the old "wait till your father get's home" I never worried. He'd come in my room and tell me to make noise while he smacked the belt on the bed. I don't know who had the smugger look on their face afterwards, my mom or me.
So I plan to continue the sayings pounded into my head from my dad. If someone doesn't like it I guess I just plain don't give a rat's a**! Anybody out there have a list of favorites?
If anyone cares...the garage is 99.5% complete. I have one area of trim left to do. would have gotten it done today but the Bud man did a number on me last night.

2 comments:

StB said...

You do know you can swear in your own blog. It is ok.

J. Gambino said...

A few of my favorites:

"Don't make me get out of this chair!"

"I'll give you such a one." ( I always wondered what that one was)

"I'll hit you so hard when you wake up, your clothes will be out of style."

And my absolute favorite (one I use once in a while)...

"You'll look awful funny picking your teeth out of your ass with a broken arm."

The funniest thing about all of those was that my Dad never hit me. He just was pleased with us living in constant fear of him.