Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

Last week I was notified by my Manager that I would be going along with him and 3 other QC employees to a Brewer game tomorrow. He informed my boss that he needed to find someone to take my place. I had this little bit of guilt going on(for a second or so) because I figured they'd find an operator to take my place. These are people I used to work right next to and here I was going off to a game while they did my job. That didn't last to long because I knew none of them would hesitate if the tables were turned.
So here it is the day before we're to go and my boss has yet to work on finding someone. I had a few suggestions but he claims he's on it. Yesterday when I had asked he cursed and said he'd forgotten about it. I have this feeling that at 10:00 tomorrow when we're supposed to leave that I'll be watching them pull away without me. Picture me running after their vehicle. I had some doubts about going with the three men but really all that matters to me is I'm going to the game. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.
On another note today is officially known as "The day after Opening Day". I've heard 3 different radio stations use the phrase so far today.

No comments: