Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Goes Around

I received an email from my ex-husbands third wife. "Ron and I are officially divorced. I would like to thank you for being so patient and understanding through-out the years. I know he owed you a lot of money and I thank you for never pursuing any action against us. You've been a very nice person and I hope we can stay in touch."
I replyed "Good luck to you". What I wanted to say was- How about giving me a chunk of change out of that house you're selling.
When I heard of their maritial issues I felt a little sorry for her. In the end though I think she'll be fine. She's already gone through blaming the break-up on herself, feeling sorry for herself and is now in the moving on mode. The truth of the matter is I can't find it in my heart to really care. Over the years she has voiced her opinion one to many times. Acted the part of the perfect marriage and made to many references to his past marriages. Wife #3 must not have been an easy spot to handle. She was really under the impression that the two ex's were completely at fault. He didn't drink when he met her. Big shock to her when he started up again.
So now he's in a relationship with a drinker. One who actually drinks more than he does. In a very rare conversation the other day he told me he's thinking of dropping her as she drinks way to much. They had some errands to run after work and when he got home she was already drunk.He said it was looking in a mirror. He went alone rather than be embarrassed by her. I try not to reference our marriage to him, but given the opportunity I said "Oh, boy. I know that feeling" He apologized. Went on to say he really thinks he made a mess of things and finds that he drinks a lot less when he's with her. Come on! Put the bottle down and get your life together before it's to late. Oh, and pay me the money you owe me.

No comments: