Saturday, February 10, 2007

Got my Butt Kicked

I got the call last night from my son to watch my grandson during the day today. After he was here for about an hour and I prepared him breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage links (I got zero points for not having bacon) we started to look through some games we could play. I refuse to play checkers with him as he kicks my butt everytime. We chose Packer Monopoly. How stupid of me to think that a 7 year old can't play the game well. This kid was like a Trump. He bought up everything he could get his hands on. He had hotels on all his properties. But the tables turned a little when I got hotels on the two most expensive properties. He had to start to mortgage properties. We called it quits before I totally took him out- lunch time.

He then sucked A into a game of checkers and won. Against my better judgement I went for it. Almost had him. I know you're all thinking that we must be pretty lame to be beaten by a seven year old, but I have to tell you, he's got it all under control. We had a good day with him. I had thoughts of teaching him some poker but I figured he'd clean me out on that also.

My daughter and girls were in an accident the other night. The other driver ran a red light and plowed right into them. She was able to swerve to avoid worse damage or injury but her van is done. They are very lucky to have not been injured. She has been going to Physical Therapy for her back for the past few months so this didn't help much. Luckily the man was insured and admitted fault. Prior to this happening she was trading in her van this weekend on a new car. I'm not sure what the plan is now or what the insurance is giving her. Just glad that they're all okay.
Boarder brother does not have his girls tonight so my Saturday should be good. Part of me wants a beer, the other part wants to kick back and watch some movies I've had laying around for several weeks with no time to watch. Let's see which part wins.

No comments: