Monday, February 19, 2007

A Suckie Monday

My day pretty much sucked. First off we have this new maintenance guy that thinks the world cannot run without him. The nice part of me tries to give him the benefit of the doubt but he talks so much I want to stuff a rag in his mouth. If he could just fix what needed to be fixed rather than tell a 1/2 hour story about what he's doing and why, to every person who comes near him, then we'd be fine. He also needs to quit puffing up his chest and taking credit for things he hasn't done. I have this motto that all good things come to those who wait..I'm pretty sure he'll hang himself soon.

The good part of the day was getting out at 330 rather than 5pm. But it came with the knowledge that we ran like crap today and what was broke at 3 pm wouldn't be fixed for an hour or so. After being told we could go we all took off before we got put on another line. It was on my way through the office that I received the crappiest news. I will be going to 2nd shift. For the next 2 weeks I'll be working some split 10am-7pm shift. After that it looks like a straight 2nd shift until there are enough new people trained to go it alone. I couldn't really find anything to kick in my boss's office that wouldn't get me in trouble. I'm pretty sure this is going to be at least a 6 month thing on 2nd. It's a good thing that all my camping vacation days are in. On the way home I started to get a little angry about this thing and tried to figure out again...who to be angry at. None other than myself.
This particular situation is due to the fact that there are two of us who are pretty much leading this new line. It so happens that the other girl has more senority than myself. This line has been a huge learning experience for both of us and we knew of the possibility of having to work an off shift. Six months ago when they drew this whole plan up on paper it just seemed like so far off. Guess today was time for reality to hit. It did, like a ton of bricks.

2 comments:

J. Gambino said...

I guess we'll have to depend on Karma to work its magic. In the meantime, hang in there. Just remember, I'll have a drink waiting for you.

By the way, your boss was in his office, right? What do you mean you could not find anything to kick?

AletaR said...

You know the old saying "Don't kill the messagener? Can't blame the boss..