Sunday, April 15, 2007

Walmart vs Target

I am not a big fan of Walmart. I will not go there after 4pm during the week and weekends are completely out. I go there only for the fact that the prices on cleaning supplies, paper products and laundry soap are less expensive then other stores. I find that going to Walmart is somewhat like a 3-ring circus. People are rude, rushing all over and the store is just plain noisy no matter what time you go. The toy department is like an unsupervised daycare. People just leave their children there and go on with shopping. Never mind that your kids are ripping open toys and playing with them while you shop.
I have always tried to figure out what it is about Target that every time I go there I will spend at least $75.00. This is even if I just run in for one thing. I know I'm not alone in this. There's some evil curse or something. The other night hubbie and I went to Target for birthday gifts to our granddaughters. After finding what we wanted and strolling a little it came to me: Target is like Stepford. People actually have their children under control at Target. People actually are polite. It's quiet in Target. Items are easy to find and the workers at Target actually smile. The atmosphere is the opposite of Walmart. It might also have something to do with all the red at Target, but I'm leaning toward the Stepford thing.

No comments: