Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm Outta Here

In 11 hours I will be flying away from Milwaukee where it could be snowing and heading for Phoenix where it will be sunny and warm. I think I could label this a cheater prelude to summer. I look forward to this but don't look forward to the boring plane ride. I get the thrill at take off but once in the air boredom sets in. I have problems reading on a plane and staring out the window is only good for so long. This is where the portable DVD player comes in handy. My daughter is supposed to be borrowing it from my grandson. Something is terribly wrong when an 8 year old has better electronic equipment then his 50 year old grandmother. If that doesn't come true I'll be renting one and hoping it's some type of good movie. Snakes on A Plane won't fly with me.

I was scheduled to work 8 hours today but when we weren't running from 830 and 11 was getting closer I did the deed and took 1/2 day of vacation. I'm glad I did as there was a lot of things I needed to get done yet. At the moment the sky has opened up to dump some more rain on us and our power has flickered several times already. Glad I got the laundry done so I didn't have to leave it for the hubby. My guess is it would still be sitting there when I got home. I was kind enough to clean the house for him. He's pretty good about not making a huge mess. I'm sure that next Saturday he'll shovel out the food wrappers, start the dishwasher and throw all the dirty clothes down the magic chute.

It's been a pretty stormy night so far. Sadie is a little nervous which is unusual as a good thunderstorm usually doesn't bother her. Maybe in her older age she's getting to be a worry wart. I did go to look for a flashlight just in case the power should go out. Found two of them, both with dead batteries. I have resorted to finding a few candles. The annoying weather alert on my husbands alarm clock has gone off a million times already tonight. I still can't believe I bought that damn thing.

On the local radio station I listen to on my commute to work they got on the subject of American Idol. I'm not a big fan of the show and will watch the first week or so and then if I think of it will watch the final few shows. Paula annoys the crap out of me. She always sounds like she's whining and ready to break into tears. This morning the DJ commented that her breasts look unusually large and pushed up the other night. "As if her chin was resting on two pillows". That was comfirmed at work this morning by a few of the guys. I'm finding that more men at work watch the show then women.

Hope you all have a great week. Go Brewers!

No comments: