Saturday, March 14, 2009

Who Doesn't Love the Sunshine?

There's something about a day full of sun that makes my attitude just so much better. I think I woke up right around the time the sun did this morning. I made my way to the living room and plopped down on the couch to maybe catch a bit more sleep. This didn't happen as the sun fully hits the room and seemed to be telling me to get up and enjoy the day. As my husband was still snoring away I didn't think starting any noisy chores would be a welcome to him. So I putzed. Did a little fridge and kitchen cleaning, took care of the cats, cleaned up my desk and played a few rounds of Scramble. This consumed about two hours. There was still light snoring coming from the bedroom. I toyed around with the idea of going to the store, but I really didn't need anything. Thought about going for a pedicure, but opted to put that off for another week. So instead I started cleaning some more.

By 10:30 the man stirred. I think he may have over slept. He mumbled something about getting to his sister's house and he had slept longer than he wanted. I got kind of a look, but I don't wake him anymore as when I do I get a look also. His waking gave me the go ahead for the vacuum to be turned on. I am considerate in that way. However, if he sleeps longer than 11 and I do get the vacuum out, I get "the look" then too.

So now it's 4 pm and I feel pretty accomplished in what I've gotten done today. The sun is still shining so I think I may take my dog for a much needed walk. She's been outside several times today laying on the deck soaking up the sun. She looks so content. I'm jealous.

No comments: