Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Over (for now)

I have completed my week on 3rd shift. I am tired. I am trying to figure out how I'm going to stay awake and have a few around the campfire tonight. Maybe I will get to the point where I get a second wind. I have been looking for a second wind all week. I'm not tired at work until around 5am. By 7 I'm ready to leave but can't seem to get out of there until 730 every morning. On the way home today I figured out what I hate the most...the drive home. When I worked the shift 6 years ago I lived 7 minutes from work. Staying awake on a 7 minute drive wasn't bad. Staying awake on a 24 minute ride sucks. This morning I was wondering if it was possible to take a minute long power nap at a stop light. Scary.

So it's off to camping in a few hours. When I was still coherent I made a list. This should prevent me from forgetting anything. The weather promises to be nice but I'm wondering where the wind suddenly came from. Should be fun...good friends, 1st trip of the year, some beer , my comfy chair and a hat. The useless June Bugs are out and about. I got hit in the head while standing outside having a smoke at work last night. The little buggers serve no purpose what-so-ever.

No comments: