Sunday, May 13, 2007

Things I've Learned

The camping outing this weekend proved to be fun. The weather was good, despite the fact that if you wandered to far from the campfire at night it was a bit chilly. The heater in our camper came in handy. There was not one drop of rain and beside a few pesty gnats there were no bugs and no pesty varmits. I did learn a few things this weekend :

Everyone claims to hate disco music, but no one got up to change the radio station
Trying to save a buck by buying inexpensive wine will allow you an early night and somewhere around 14 hours of sleep. (sorry Jo...it was out there)
Men should never wear "clam diggers"
No matter what you feed men they will have toxic gas.
The only way I can tell that my husband is drunk is that he talks non-stop.
State Park toilet paper isn't up to par.
You can't play Tigger and expect no damage to be done.
J wakes herself up every morning with some type of outburst.
No matter what type of hat you wear...you will get ribbed.
And the top thing I learned........
I have the best group of friends anyone could ask for.

Let's just hope for a continuation of good weather for the remainder of the trips.

This should be the start of a long week. My daugher is having lumbar fusion tomorrow and should be in the hospital for 3-5 days depending on how it goes. She's a little nervous, which is to be expected. We were going through some of her papers tonight and discovered that my hip surgery has now come in handy for two other people. It seems I have all the necessary accessories for helping at home. Got the walker, cane, sock puller and toilet riser. My brother made use of them and now she is going to need them also. When she's done these items will return to the attic for the next victim. I'll be helping out with her girls and I'm sure visiting her quite often. I may have to pass some will on to her as she sometimes tends to be a tad bit on the whimpy side. She had some back problems to begin with and then was in a car accident a few months ago that just made everything worse. Hopefully this will all go well and she'll be able to begin a less painful life.

Here's to the end of a great weekend and a hopeful start to a good week.

3 comments:

J. Gambino said...

I learned that birthday cake isn't just for birthdays anymore!

StB said...

Whatever happend to "what happens at Bong, stays at Bong?"

AletaR said...

Hey, I didn't use any names nor try to disguise them by using rhyming names...like Modi, or Chen.