Thursday, May 10, 2007

One More Night

Not the sappy song...My assignment to 3rd shift. I shouldn't get to excited as I know I'll be doing it again in a few weeks. But I'm excited because it's over for now. I'm not quite sure how I worked 3rd for 14 years a while back. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
If I had to pick between 2nd and 3rd my choice would be 3rd. Too much goes on to be stuck at work every night. In my single, younger years it was perfect. Not now.

I did manage to go to both Dylan's baseball games this week. He's out of the Cub Scout league and into Little League. He's in the 8-10 year old category and is one of the smallest one's on the team. I swear half the kids are a couple inches shorter then me .I was sitting there with my son the other night and he remarked how baseball can sometimes get a little boring. I don't see it that way. When you're watching a group of kids play from the first game on, you can see how they mold into a team. There's some peer pressure there. You can hear them rooting for their team mates from their little dugout and offering suggestions on batting stance and running bases. They cheer for each other and do their little high-five thing. As a parent, Grandparent, relative or just friend you feel nervous for them when it's looks as if a difficult play is coming their way. You feel proud when it's done and a little sad for them when they make a mistake. You are supportive and let them know that even if the game was lost, they made some good plays. I watched my son play for 3 years and was a little sad when he opted out of baseball as it just wasn't his sport. After I got all done giving him my views he remarked "I wasn't talking about Dylan's games...I was talking about going to games at the stadium. It's obvious he carries more of his father's genes then mine.

I baked my camping friends a mass of cookies last night. Boarder brother no longer lives here so I know the cookies are safe. I started packing and gave it up for when I'm a little bit more awake. I hate forgetting things.

I'm thinking I'm not going to get a lot of sleep today. One house across the street is currently having a patio/driveway poured and the cement truck is right in front of my house. The house next to it is having their basement mud-jacked and the bobcat is pretty noisey. I might just be the crazy lady that yells out the window.

1 comment:

Hey Jo said...

Hubby was crabby all week long. Thank god that third shift crap is over for awhile...

I cannot wait for camping!! What kind of cookies did you bake??