Sunday, January 25, 2009

All Is Quiet

We had the kids and grand kids over for dinner last night which actually turned out pretty good. I say good as there were enough left-overs for my husband tonight. Then the grand kids all stayed over last night. Most of the night was taken up by twin #1 & Barney working on a school project for her. She had to make a musical instrument, so they were occupied with that the whole night. Twin #2 , Dylan and I decided to play a Wii game he got. After about 1 hour of watching them create their Wii people & pets I went and found something else to do. I'm not sure if I'm okay with the fact that they don't need me to help them anymore.

This morning I stood back as they made breakfast (french toast & sausage) and only needed to ask me a few questions. I should be happy with this right?? Although I did find out I was needed when it was time to do the dishes. Barney & twin #1 used the excuse that they still had work to do. #2 & Dylan used the " Well, I cooked the food" excuse. I guess I'm okay with that.

The rest of the day was spent Wii bowling, boxing (I kicked butt) tennis and then we decided to ski. I'm the mean grandma that actually makes them get off the couch to bowl. When the phone rang and one of the parents wondered if they were ready to come home yet they answered that they'd be ready around 5 or so. What???? I softened and let it go at that. We managed to get a movie in and the project was finished by 5. Had to check twin #2's jacket as she was leaving to make sure my cat wasn't in there. He took to her and followed her around all day. I think she may have had some remnants of french toast or syrup on her.

So now it's quiet. Sadie is pooped out and both the cat's are sleeping. Having them here took the boredom out of a winter weekend.

2 comments:

J. Gambino said...

When can I get those kids and break the boredom at my house?

OMW said...

the leg is up and running