Thursday, January 01, 2009

We Rang It In Good

I woke up late this morning and wandered into my kitchen and hit the fridge for some ice cold water. A chuckle escaped as I spotted the bowl of albino cashews in the fridge. It was way to early for me to make any sense of why they were in there. On my way back to bed I spotted my newly acquired Christmas quilt I had gotten in the White Elephant exchange. Although cute, it will probably look better in my mother-in-laws home then mine.

I laid in bed for awhile and thought about the crappy things that happened in 2008. Things that I try to block out of my head because I'm not all that ready to accept them. Things that have made me forget the good. I then started to think about the good. The everyday good that I guess I have taken for granted. The fact that I wake up everyday, I am healthy, I have a roof over my head, I have a job, I have an awesome family & husband and the best friends anyone could ask for. Friends that I spent New Years Eve with. What more can I say besides "These guys are the best". I just need to investigate the green and gold Christmas bows left on my front porch.

I have no New Years resolutions. Just can't set myself up to fail. What I do have are New Year's goals. Things I would like to change in the next year. Some of them are the normal...quit smoking...loose weight...look for a new job...blah...blah..blah. The smoking being the highest priority goal. The little bit of TV that I watched today must have had a weight loss gimmick commercial on every 3 minutes. Good marketing strategy. I watched them while shoving a Connie cookie in my mouth. I looked in the fridge for other food to eat and decided to skip the eating for today as all that's in there are things that contain BBQ sauce or dips. I think a trip to the grocery store is in order.

So, hopefully this year we will be able to hold onto the everyday good and hope that the bad isn't too bad. Maybe the bad can hold off until we'll able to heal from the last bad. Like my other friends have mentioned..we couldn't ask for a better support system. I must also take a second to apologize to someone for picking on his albino cashews. Never....ever....give a drunk a phone.

1 comment:

StB said...

Ghetto ass albino nuts??? That hurts.