Saturday, January 06, 2007

15 Days to Go

That's how many days I have left on my "resolution" to not say mean things about people. I don't think it counts if I'm by myself cussing out the person who just cut me off. The article I read regarding trying something out for 21 days seems to be holding true so far. I've just gotten used to the idea that I'm not going to do it (out loud at least). I've also noticed how totally stupid it sounds to listen to a bunch of people standing around gossiping about the poor soul who isn't there to defend themself. Now if I could just resolve myself to quit smoking and exercise more I'd be doing fine. One thing at a time though.

After what seemed like the longest week in the world, I added to it by working 5 hours today. It was more of a favor for our Engineer than anything else. We've got a new line starting and a customer coming in on Monday and he wanted to get things ready. It went pretty fast as we were busy and he is very amusing.

What to do with the rest of my day was on my mind all the way home. I took the tree down last night and I'm sure the entire world heard my scream as I stubbed my ouch toe on the end table. So what was pretty much healed up is now sore and bleeding again. (no pictures stb). For some reason I just feel like watching some movies and just vegging out. I was going to collect the rest of the Christmas stuff and put it away but for the last 6 weeks I have done so much running around for the holiday and I just don't care if the stuff is still around. Maybe mid-month would be a good time.

The best part about the post-Holiday is I have no want to go near any stores. I don't care about after Christmas sales. I won't be ready to go into a store for anything besides groceries for at least 2-3 months at which time I will be probably buying some stuff for my April vacation to Sun City West. I just wish I could talk my husband into getting on a plane. I've gone with my sister or daughter for the last 12 years. My daughter will be going with me this time. Mom & Dad are excellent hosts.

I did forget to mention that last week A & I went to the grocery store with the intent of picking out a few steaks to grill. We all know the story of his meat picking out marathon up north this summer. I told him he should go ahead to the store and I'm meet him there in an hour or so. He shocked me by picking out a steak before I did. I don't even think it was a full minute. He made up for it by putting things in the cart that caused our bill to amount to about $40.00 over what I usually spend. He did then comment that we should do this shopping together more often. Don't think I can afford that.

No comments: