Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Thirst has been Quenched

Driving home from work yesterday I was thinking it's been awhile since we've gone out for a few. I happened to drive past the famous bondo car with all the Jesus sayings on it. I'm still not sure what to make of this guy as he's been driving around in this car for years. I've seen him every where from South Milwaukee to Wauwatosa.

It didn't take much for me to talk the husband into going out for a few. No arm twisting, no pouting, no promises to be home early. He was up for it also. I did warn him that it could get ugly as it's been a little of a stressful week. He did ask the question " Is this going to be a UV night?". Nope, there will never be another UV night. I've done it and don't care to repeat it.

We met up with K & J and a few other friends and ended up having a good time. We sat at the end of the bar and kept a close eye on the door for possible hoodies. Some goof came in with his jacket decorated with what seemed like a couple hundred hat pins and a hat that Mark wanted to fit properly on his head. The burley man bartender tried to give K a little extra head on his beer and gave me a little bit of a beer bath instead. What sucked is I didn't even get a free beer off that one. I did get an apology though so I guess that's what matters the most. As much as J is trying to sell this one...sweet tarts do not taste good with beer.

All in all it was a fun night. The beer was cold, the food was okay and the company was good. The best part is I woke up without a trace of any kind of hangover.

No comments: