Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sadie the Guard Dog??

We seem to have aquired a little family of chipmunks in our yard. Actually they have been spotted in the front yard under the sidewalk and in the back under the deck. Apparently my dog does not feel the need to get up and do her job. This afternoon she was basking in the sun while I was watering some flowers and the little chipmunk came out on the deck. I looked over at her, a little nervous that she would eat it, but low and behold she did not move a muscle. Just layed there and looked at it. So I took matters into my own hands and sprayed the little creature with the hose. It was kind of funny as I actually moved it into the air for a moment. Then Sadie got up , stretched and came walking over slowly. I thought then she'd go after it but no, she proceeded to get herself a little drink from the hose.
Later in the day I'm outside on the deck with Sadie close by and a large, fat, white cat comes walking into our yard. I literally had to point this out to her. Nothing. I chased it out. Ten minutes later the cat is in the neighbors yard and Sadie goes nuts. She's running along the fence barking her fool head off and foaming at the mouth from being so riled up. Wrong yard you foolish dog.
So if anyone has any unwanted wildlife just bring it on over here. She'll guard it all for you. I can't promise that I won't spray them though.

1 comment:

J. Gambino said...

We all know it is a well established fact that your dog is not a watch dog. Why, I heard that a bunch of people littered your lawn as a birthday tribute to you and she never even barked. Not to mention that slug of a brother of yours that slept through the whole thing.