Saturday, December 30, 2006

Now What?

Last night K&J and A& I were able to take our parents out to dinner. We were able to pre-arrange the bill to be given to us and pay it, rather than them. There was the usual bickering over the fact that they should pay but in the end the kids won the battle. This should be a noted date on my calendar as we usually loose. I don't think Pop's was on the ball last night. He will usually fake a bathroom trip and seek out the waitress.

We then went back to our house for a few hours of Poker. Connie took all our money! A gave her one tough battle but she held on. I am done playing Hold em with my husband. I have discovered that if he has "the Hand" that will beat me, he has this shifty eye thing going on. Ken has the quiver lip and A has the shifty eye. Pocket Aces mean squat to me when playing with him.

Mom & Dad caught their flight home at 730 this morning. It was nice to have them home and once again sad to see them go. As I walked around my house last night looking at all the preparations made for the holiday, I got a little sad as it's all over to quick. Sure, there's New Years Eve left but that's been low key for us for a few years. I'm not ready to pack it all up yet, so little by little I'll work on it.

Every year after Christmas I get this doom and gloom feeling that we are now entering the loonnngg winter. I'll be going to Arizona in April but that's still 4 months away. Camping is 5-6 months away. I have come to the conclusion that I need a hobby. So for the next several weeks I will be looking into several options. Who knows, by next year for Christmas everyone could receive a special gift crafted by me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"camping is 5-6 months away".

DAMN!!!! Then why do I keep waking-up opitching a tent?!?