Sunday, October 22, 2006

Meals On Wheels?

The oven is a non working item in our home now. I think it wants to work as it keeps sparking when it's turned on. It's not what A thought it was so we have sunk to call in a repair service. Of course that call cannot be made until tomorrow when they're open so it could be days until they show up. We're screwed either way as the oven is a drop in and ten years ago when we bought this one we waited 2 weeks for it and it cost over $700.00 back then. Believe me it's not any top of the line oven. Just expensive as it's a drop in. At that time we discussed purchasing a normal stand alone oven but it would have required removing a cabinet.
Yesterday my dear sister-in-law was kind enough to let me come to her house and cook some things I needed for today. I'm looking into Meals on Wheels for A for the next few weeks. You can only eat so long out of a microwave and slow cooker. I guess if I just procrasinated the whole thing I'd get out of cooking for awhile. Hmmmm. Then there's always the pizza oven and George Foreman grill. This could go on for a time.
I start my week on 3rd shift tomorrow. I could lie and say it won't be bad. I could keep telling myself. I'm planning on just blocking the entire week off my calendar and out of my mind. Just hoping it goes by really fast. I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to stay awake until 5am. Good thing there are no windows in the room we work in.
Everyone have a good week.

No comments: